The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
If you are concerned
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to safeguarding concerns or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring partorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a risk at present
- Have an awareness of our safeguarding policy
- Know who the Safeguarding Officer is and how they can be contacted
- Have an informed vigilance with regard safeguarding
- Report any safeguarding concerns in accordance with this policy